The Easy Irrigation Control System Difference
VIEWING ON MOBILE?
Rotate mobile to landscape mode for best table view.
|Number of zones/stations||1 to 6||8 to 24||1 to 100+||1|
|Multi-user remote control||Limited||No||Yes||2|
|Add more zones without controller change||No||No||Yes||3|
|Number of totally independent zones||1||1 or 2||Unlimited||4|
|Series control for multiple zones||No||No||Yes||5|
|Group control for simutaeous zones||No||No||Yes||6|
|Control lighting and mains devices||No||No||Yes||7|
|Automatically control pumps||No||Yes. Maximum 2.||Yes. Unlimited number||8|
|Automatically control diverter valves||No||No||Yes. Unlimited number||9|
|Master valve control||N/A||In some||Yes||10|
|Single robust cable||N/A||No. Multiple thin delicate wires||Yes||11|
|Installation/expansion - digging for piping + wiring required||N/A||More digging||Less digging||12|
|Periodic battery replacement required||Yes||Yes||No||13|
|Range - cover large areas||Limited||Yes||Yes||14|
|Notification of watering banned times||No||No||Yes||15|
|Easy to read display||Limited||Very poor - knob and dials||Yes||16|
|Touch screen option||Only some via smartphone||No||Yes||17|
|Scheduling - number of starts (on's) per day and in total||Very limited||Limited per day and total||Unlimited per day and total||18|
|Minimum run time/duration||Usually 1 minute||1 minute||1 second||19|
|Maximum run time/duration||30 - 120 minutes||90 - 120 minutes||99 days||20|
|"Wet and Wait" cycling||No||No||Yes||21|
|Needed delay between turning on different zones||1 minute||Zero||Zero||22|
|Number of simutaneous zones that can be controlled||None||2||Unlimited||23|
|Scheduling - days of week, every nth day||Limited||Limited||Unlimited and flexible||24|
|Rain sensor connection||N/A||Yes||Yes||25|
|Maintenance issues/costs||Replace when weather exposed||Cabling may be difficult to trace and repair||Faults are easy to locate and rectify||26|
|Vandal proof||Vulnerable||Vulnerable||Yes. The controller is housed inside||27|
2. Some controllers offer user remote control, mostly limited and most require a special app. The Easy Irrigation System is accessible via most web browsers with no special app.
3. The Easy Irrigation System can be expanded to control hundreds of zones/devices with no change to the controller and using a single cable.
4. Most controllers (including very expensive ones) cannot control more than one zones at a time. The Easy Irrigation System can control any number of zones simultaneously.
5. The Easy Irrigation System allows the user to string a number of zones/devices into a Series that can be treated as a single entity - very useful for large lawns or creating set watering patterns.
6. Similar to "Series" control the Easy Irrigation System allows zones/devices to be put into a "Group" allowing all zones/devices to be turned on/off together.
7. This is a feature of the Easy Irrigation System that is not available in usual irrigation controllers. The system can control normal irrigation solenoids, LED garden lighting and mains devices.
8. The Easy Irrigation System can control any and all pumps needed for the irrigation zones. Most conventional system are limited to none, one or two.
9. Large installations typically have a main water supply line with smaller diameter branches controlled by manual valves. The Easy Irrigation System can automate these diverter valves.
10. A master valve is strongly recommended for most systems and the Easy Irrigation System can automatically control master valves, diverter valves and any required pumps.
11. The Easy Irrigation System uses a single inexpensive robust 2-core cable for almost unlimited expansion- no re-digging to lay more cable, greatly reduced installation time, complexity + labour.
12. Laying the water supply pipe in the same trench as the cable reduces installation labour.
13. The controller will preserve all settings (eg schedules, user, text, etc) after a power outage. If required the controller can be connected to a standard PC UPS.
14. WiFi and bluetooth devices are very limited in their range and have issues with walls/buildings in the line of sight, making such systems unsuitable in many cases.
15. The Easy Irrigation System can be set up to display messages (based on date and time) such as "Watering is now not permitted", "Please turn off all lights at 10pm", etc.
16. The Easy Irrigation System is fully computer based with simple displays, accessed on a screen (touch screen option) and/or via a standard web browser on smartphones, laptops, PCs or tablets.
17. The system can be used with most PC screens of FHD resolution (1024 x 768); recommended size 20"+. The touch screen is a great option to use.
18. Often waterings are best achieved with several cycles (beginning /end of the day). Most system are very limited in the number of schedules ("starts") for a day and in total.
19. Over watering not only wastes water but it can also damage plants. The difference between a duration of 5 minutes compared to 4 minutes, 30 seconds, is a considerable amount over a year.
20. Long durations are useful for lighting or for plants that require a big soak or long periods of slow drip watering. Slow drip irrigation is very effective in minimizing water wastage.
21. Cycling a duration on/off ("wet and wait") is a feature that further minimizes water wastage by allowing time for the water to soak in and minimize runoff.
22. Most systems cannot run more than one zone at a time and some require a delay between turning on zones. For lots of zones this becomes an issue.
23. For large installations that draw water using mains and/or pumps, running simultaneous zones is essential to quickly irrigate the entire area/landscape.
24. Weather is very unpredictable. The ability to simply and quickly adjust a schedule (say from every day to just Monday and Friday or every 3rd day) is very desirable.
25. Many councils require connection of a rain sensor.
26. The Easy Irrigation controller "handshakes" with the single cable device. A device failure or cable break is indicated with a black button on screen. No conventional system does this.
27. The Easy Irrigation System has the controller and screen inside.
28. The controller is computer based and Easy Irrigation clients on maintenance receive regular updates providing improvements and new features.
100% Australian Owned & Developed
Dedicated Support - Via phone and email
Developed with assistance from the Australian Federal Government Research & Development incentive program
Eco Smart Technology – using sustainable water management
Our customers are very happy with their Easy Irrigation Systems.
“Easy Irrigation is the easiest irrigation controller and system I have found. It was simple to install, simple to set up and simple to use. I set it and let it run. It's easy to cancel a watering just for today, or any day in the future. It's easy to modify the scheduling and very easy to add new zones. I am very happy with the system.“
J. H (Home owner)
“ It gives me (and my neighbours) a kick to see my driveway lights turn on every day at exactly sunset and I feel confident that the schedules that I set up will keep my garden appropriately watered.““
M.P. (Home owner)